Provides physical therapy services. Evaluates patients, sets goals, plans programs and treats patients according to the physician's orders; maintains required records and notes; assists with directing technicians and support personnel; assumes responsibility for physical therapy charges; participates in educational programs, follows all CHRISTUS St. Michael and departmental policy and procedures.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
2. Performs professional duties related to patient care in order to restore the patient to his/her maximum level of independence and functions according to accepted standards of ethical conduct for the physical therapist.
3. Clinical competencies in physical therapy skills and techniques are demonstrated in a manner that promotes quality patient care.
4. Participates in established inter-departmental and intra-departmental communication systems and methods to achieve departmental, hospital and corporate goals.
5. Maintains required records/documentations as specified in department policy and procedures manual.
6. Participates in maintainingimproving the effectiveness of the services provided by the physical therapy department.
7. Assumes responsibility for therapeutic equipment safety, operation and maintenance.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.