Reports to Executive Director, Financial Planning and Decision Support and Associate CFO, Clinical Practice Organization. This position performs objective and advanced level work in support of efforts to direct the fiscal administration of the Clinical Practice Organization. The principal analyst is charged with providing expert analytic services to all levels of management within UC San Diego Health, including, but not limited to, the coordination and development of physician productivity and compensation reporting, including compensation plans for faculty and MSP staff physicians in accordance with department and CPO compensation guidelines. Ensures that faculty compensation is consistent with approved department compensation plans and ensures that reports are accurate and delivered in a timely manner. The analyst must have excellent database skills, including advanced Excel; understanding of UC San Diego business systems is highly desirable. The analyst must also possess excellent communication skills, be able to present and discuss findings with senior levels of management, and work in a highly collaborative manner.
• Must be able to work various hours and locations based on business needs.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, gender identity or sexual orientation. For the complete University of California nondiscrimination and affirmative action policy see: http://www-hr.ucsd.edu/saa/nondiscr.html
• Experience with Physician/Clinician compensation plans.
• Five or more years experience in healthcare administration, three of which were in a decision support or similar information analysis role.
• Bachelor's degree of in finance, accounting, information systems, management engineering or business administration or equivalent combination of education and experience. Master's degree in business or healthcare administration preferred.
• Expert knowledge of health care and industry trends.
• Expert knowledge of statistical analysis techniques.
• Advanced skill in use of spreadsheet, relational database and worked processing software.
• Ability to communicate in an oral and written manner. This includes the ability to prepare and deliver small and large group presentations.
• Proven analytical skills to identify and comprehend opportunities for financial and operational improvement through data analysis and interpretation.
• Strong managerial and interpersonal skill.
• Background Check required.
• Employment physical and TB test required.
Additional Salary Information: Commensurate with Experience
Providence Health & Services is a not-for-profit health system committed to providing a comprehensive array of services to meet the needs of communities across five states, including Alaska, Washington, Montana, Oregon and California. Providence continues the legacy of the Sisters of Providence and the Sisters of the Little Company of Mary in the West spanning more than 150 years.
Providence H...ealth & Services includes 26 hospitals, more than 35 non-acute facilities, physician clinics, a health plan, a liberal arts university, a high school, approximately 45,000 employees and numerous other health, housing and educational services. The system office is located in Seattle, Washington.
Providence Health & Services in Alaska, Washington, Montana and Oregon is sponsored by the Sisters of Providence religious community. In Southern California, the health ministry is cosponsored by the Sisters of Providence and the Little Company of Mary. Corporate Members of Providence Health & Services in Alaska, Washington, Montana and Oregon, with specified reserved canonical powers, are members of the Leadership Team of the Sisters of Providence, Mother Joseph Province. Corporate members of Providence Health System – Southern California are members of the Leadership Teams of both Sisters of Providence and Sisters of the Little Company of Mary.