Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW), Madison, WI, is seeking a Medical Technologist responsible for performing laboratory procedures as ordered by a practitioner. Responsibilities include: performance of lab tests from all GHC-SCW locations in any or all departments; performance of quality control, troubleshooting, and maintenance functions; collection of specimens; and other tasks as assigned. The position is also responsible for provision of technical support to Medical Laboratory Technicians, providers, and other GHC-SCW internal staff. The MT works under the general supervision and guidance of the Medical Laboratory Services Manager, the Chief Medical Technologist and/or the Medical Technologist – Lead.
JOB SPECIFIC MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
1. Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in Medical Technology, Biology, Chemistry or related science is required.
2. Eligibility for certification as a Medical Technologist (ASCP) is required. As a condition of employment, the incumbent must obtain certification within one (1) year.
3. Possession of or eligibility for a valid Healthcare Provider CPR/AED certificate is required. Employee must obtain certification within four (4) months of employment.
4. Knowledge of or ability to learn quality control testing procedures and practices is required.
5. Knowledge of current laboratory safety and hygiene protocols is required.
6. Ability to work independently with minimal supervision is required.
7. Knowledge and ability to accurately perform laboratory tests is required.
8. Knowledge of or ability to learn and use computer based applications such as MS Office, electronic medical systems, and lab related applications is required.
9. Ability to maintain patient confidentiality required. Knowledge of or ability to learn HIPAA requirements.
10. Ability to work at other GHC-SCW health center sites assuring adequate coverage required. Ability to provide own transportation to various work locations is required.
11. Excellent customer service skills are required. Ability to be culturally sensitive and work with a diverse population is required.
12. Compliance with Clinical Laboratory Improvement Act (CLIA) of September 1, 1997 is required. -
Additional Salary Information: This position is eligible for a $2000 INCENTIVE for joining GHC-SCW!
About Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin
Group Health Cooperative of South Central Wisconsin (GHC-SCW) is a not-for-profit managed health care organization that provides the entire spectrum of health care services, including insurance, Primary Care and Specialty Care. GHC-SCW has a history of firsts including electronic medical records (through Epic Systems), smart phone capabilities, and Complementary Medicine.
GHC-SCW is committed ...to continuously improving the quality and safety of health care and the quality of services provided to our members. This commitment is reflected in GHC-SCW’s “Excellent” accreditation status, the highest level of accreditation granted by the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCAQ), and in GHC-SCW continued regional and national recognition as a top performing health plan for effectiveness of care measures.