POSITION SUMMARY: The Rehab Registered Nurse (RN) is a professional caregiver who works with an interdisciplinary team to help persons with disability to reach their maximum level of independence. The RN assumes responsibility and accountability for a diagnostic group of patients for a designated time frame and provides care to these patients via therapeutic use of self, the nursing process, providing and patient/family education. In addition, the staff RN contributes to the management of the unit by monitoring unit activities, supervising CNAs and developing staff.
JOB SPECIFIC ACTIVITIES:
1. Implements measures to promote a safe environment for patients and others.
2. Respects the patient's right to privacy by protecting confidential information unless obligated or allowed by law to disclose the information.
3. Assessment of patients -- Utilizes the knowledge, skills, and judgment of the professional nurse in administering direct patient care by appropriately assessing the patient to promote optimal levels of wellness and documents finding according to policy and procedure.
4. Planning of Care -- Plan nursing care based on nursing assessment, diagnosis, medical treatments, and patient's / family's level of understanding and documents according to policy and procedure.
5. Implementation of Plan of Care -- Provides nursing care that promotes the patient's optimal level of wellness and documents care provided according to policy and procedure.
6. Evaluation of Patient of Care -- Demonstrates the ability to appropriately evaluate the patient and the effects of the plan of care and documents according to policy and procedure.
7. Demonstrates leadership abilities and qualities.
Our Mission: WHY WE EXIST. To extend the healing ministry of Jesus Christ. Our Core Values: WHAT WE BELIEVE IN.DIGNITY Respect for the worth of every person, recognition and commitment to the value of diverse individuals and perspectives, and special concern for the poor and underserved. INTEGRITY Honesty, justice, and consistency in all relationships. EXCELLENCE High standards of service and per...formance. COMPASSION Service in a spirit of empathy, love, and concern. STEWARDSHIP Wise and just use of talents and resources in a collaborative manner.Our Vision: WHAT WE ARE STRIVING TO DO. CHRISTUS HEALTH, a Catholic health ministry, will be a leader, a partner and an advocate in the creation of innovative health and wellness solutions that improve the lives of individuals and communities so that all may experience God's healing presence and love. Our Name and Symbol:WHO WE ARE. CHRISTUS is Latin for "Christ," and proclaims publicly the core of our mission. OUR NAME choice also recognizes the heritage of our two congregational sponsors, the Sisters of Charity of the Incarnate Word in Houston and San Antonio. Jesus Christ is the Incarnate Word, the Word of God made flesh. It is, therefore, only fitting that it is in another form of His name that our health ministries are called together. OUR SYMBOL Reflects the healing ministry of Jesus Christ - a combination of a medical cross and a religious cross. The flowing banner on the cross is a common symbol of the risen Christ, while the royal purple signifies Christ. The flowing banner also conveys a sense of motion as we move forward into a new era of service to our communities.