The Certified Nursing Assistant is qualified to attend to the needs of the Patient area, performing duties as indicated by the responsibilities checked above under direct supervision of the unit charge person. The Certified Nursing Assistant is trained in the delivery of age appropriate care by hospital policy. Performs assigned tasks in accordance with the hospital's philosophy, values, standards, policies and procedures.
Action Oriented -- Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy and enthusiasm.
Customer Focus -- Building strong customer relationships and delivering customer-centric solutions.
Communicates Effectively -- Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the
unique needs of different audiences.
Decision Quality -- Making good and timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward.
Collaborates -- Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
Nimble Learning -- Actively learning through experimentation when tackling new problems, using both successes and failures
as learning fodder.
Demonstrates Self-Awareness -- Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal
strengths and weaknesses.
Goals -- Completes quarterly goals
Delivering the Mission -- Performs duties as defined in this job description and demonstrates mastery of role
1. Performs clerical duties related to procedures, as it relates to a patient care unit.
* Checks food trays within 10 minutes of arrival to floor. (If appropriate for unit.)
* Ensures that all charts are supplied with appropriate forms for documentation.
* Relays messages to appropriate caregiver within 5-10 minutes of receiving message.
* Prioritizes orders in the order entry system in a timely and accurate manner.
* All reports are posted in a timely and accurate manner.
* Ensures that diet/tube feeding changes are completed and credited every shift.
2. Supports both nursing and physical medicine in providing orthopedic services.
* Assist PT with returning patients to bed within 15 minutes of patient request.
* Maintains competency in use of orthopedic equipment.
CHRISTUS HEALTH is an international Catholic, faith-based, not-for-profit health system comprised of almost more than 600 services and facilities, including more than 60 hospitals and long-term care facilities, 350 clinics and outpatient centers, and dozens of other health ministries and ventures. CHRISTUS operates in 6 U.S. states, Colombia, Chile and 6 states in Mexico. To support our health care ministry, CHRISTUS Health employs approximately 45,000 Associates and has more than 15,000 physicians on medical staffs who provide care and support for patients. CHRISTUS Health is listed among the top ten largest Catholic health systems in the United States.